Our Monday catch-up and global outlook. Tune in every Monday at 10:00am ET for these news stories with the ILC Partners on Instagram Live!
Things to know for this coming week:
Is this what we will be using in our hotels & restaurants from now on?
Here’s a look at what the road to recovery post-COVID-19 might look like in the U.S. based on past recessions. How the recovery could look like from Jan Freitag:
- Leisure: These will be the Roaring ’20s
- Corporate transient: Only one question matters. What’s the risk?
- Corporate group: If you host it, will they come?
- Wildcards: The known unknowns: Two other possible influences on the recovery are worth pondering: new supply and a resurgent pandemic
- In sum: This too shall pass: STR’s current U.S. revenue per available room forecast for 2020 stands at -50%, with a sharp rebound of +63% expected in 2021.